Responsible Tourism Policy
THEMBA TRAVEL WORKS TOWARDS…
We use locally owned and operated infrastructure
1. To help put profits into local hands in order that they can benefit directly
2. To use services developed and managed by locals
We provide employment and business opportunities for local people
1. All our guides are locals
2. To assist in coaching and development of individuals to widen their experience and career opportunities
We support local charities and organisations
1. We encourage our guests to contribute any remaining local currency at the end of their trip to our nominated charity for the year.
2. We raise awareness of local initiatives through our social media sites.
We limit the physical impact of trips and work with our partners to educate and improve awareness within the local community.
1. We encourage our guests through either group briefings to respect the environment and lead by example in minimising the impact of waste.
2. We encourage our guests to deal with waste appropriately, to lead by example by appropriately disposing of waste.
3. We transport suppliers are licenced, roadworthy and registered with the local authority and our drivers practice safe driving.
4. We coach and educate our suppliers and local partners in environmental awareness.
5. Our office team are committed to demonstrating responsible tourism
6. The production of our company literature and business cards are produced by using local businesses. We use a local web developer to maintain our website.
We ask our clients to respect local customs and culture
1. We want our clients to learn about local customs and cultural practices
whilst respecting local dress and cultural requirements
2. It is a practice on all tours to teach the basic local language
3. Our scheduled group tours include the opportunity to eat at the home of a
local family and sample local cuisine ate in local style.
4. We provide guests with pre-trip information to ensure they understand the requirements of travelling to a local establishment.
5. A local guide accompanies our scheduled group trips from time of arrival to departure.